We’re Here to Scare
Things to know before you go
Scare factor: Scary
Appropriate For: Ages 12+
Organization Type: Commercial/For profit haunted house
Additional info: Outdoor events, Indoor events, Touching not allowed, Paid parking
Answers to common questions
Yes. Halloween Haunt reservations are required for Season Passholders.
- Extensive training for associates on maintaining a safe and hygienic workplace and environment for our guests;
- Appropriate personal protective clothing and gear for associates who are assigned for cleaning duties;
- Specified intervals for frequent cleaning and disinfection of targeted areas throughout the day;
- Procedures for cleaning and disinfection of areas throughout the day and where illness has been suspected or reported;
- Quick response to spills, trash and other situations;
- Daily sanitation procedures, for everything from bathroom faucets and sinks to kitchen and dining surfaces, benches and trash cans;
- Daily cleaning and “wash down” of outdoors locations, including walkways and queue lines;
- Guest and associate first aid locations to assist with minor health issues.
We maintain close relationships with local, state, national, and international public health authorities, and take their guidance when additional preventive measures are needed.
- Guests arriving at the park will go through metal detection every public operating day.
- All bags, purses, backpacks, waist packs, etc. will be examined prior to entering.
- Sharp objects (including pocketknives and metal chains), firearms or other items that could be considered a weapon are strictly prohibited and should be left at home or secured in your vehicle.
- Other prohibited items include speakers, chairs, glass of any kind (except perfume bottles), food (except for special dietary needs), water guns, luggage, prescription drugs (unless in original packaging), weapons, bottled or canned beverages (except sealed bottles of water), hard-side coolers, beach umbrellas, fireworks, scissors, knives and child scooters/wagons.
- Please see our separate FAQ on outside food and beverages.
We use a variety of methods in securing our parks, including uniformed and plain-clothed officers and video surveillance monitoring.
California’s Great America does not tolerate guests who fight and/or harass other guests. People who engage in this behavior are subject to being ejected and potentially banned from the park and may be subject to arrest by local police.
So many attractions, your head will spin
Stay in touch with us on social media
Fear is waiting for you at Great America’s Halloween Haunt. The event offers the best things to do for Halloween in the Bay Area, including haunted attractions and mazes, live shows, scare zones and hundreds of monsters at every turn. Here are just a few samples of the fun you can expect:
Something sinister is going on at the Backwoods Hunting Resort and Spa. Set deep in a creepy swamp, Backwoods is a place for the hunting elite to poach animals and satisfy their thirst for blood. The skins and carcasses of deer, snakes and crocodiles are all around, stuffed to look lifelike forever.
Hunters visiting Backwoods have no idea what is in store for them . . . and neither do you. As you press deeper into the resort, you quickly realize this lodge is like no other. It’s not a place to unwind—it’s a place to avoid.
There is always a full moon at Backwoods, which is just fine for local werewolves on the hunt for their own prey. After you’ve ventured in too far onto the haunted trails to turn back, your group of hunters suddenly become the hunted, and now there’s seemingly no way out. Screaming only alerts the werewolves to your location—which isn’t good news since these unwelcome guests are the ultimate carnivores.
Blood Drums is tapping into the simple and complex rhythms of fright in a mesmerizing amalgamation of cadence and sound that captivates audiences throughout the night.
Join the Street Drum Corps for a Halloween stage show that originated during Halloween Haunt and has quickly become a cult favorite for fans for nearly a decade. Three electrifying musicians bang their drums every night in this high-energy, awe-inspiring Halloween Haunt ritual, which takes place in front of Theater Royale in Voodoo Party Zone.
This thrilling and captivating 15-minute show is an explosive, apocalyptic blend of percussion, music, blood, rhythms, and sparks!
This delicious restaurant is loaded with ribs, steaks and more. However, rumor has it that what is in front of you may actually be a fine cut of human flesh. Blood and gore abound as Roadkill Roadhouse’s staff continually prey on the innocent who are simply looking for a nice dinner out with friends.
It’s difficult to determine the worst way to go when remains of wayward diners are seen in pressure cookers, on the barbeque and even in piles of boiled meat. Recently harvested body parts are ready for tonight’s dinner service, while others are still being prepped for the evening. The twisted chefs inside debate amongst themselves if the bodies are best served baked, broiled, seasoned or simply raw.
If you survive this scare maze and make it to your table, you should definitely order the sampler platter. It’s everything a carnivore could possibly want!